Saturday, March 05, 2011

Re- and De-motivated

My trip to New York and New Jersey was a really good chance for me to regroup; to get my own self back together, to form an action plan for employment, for remembering that the biggest part of my problem was lack of mindfulness. I, a creature who really does need to be alone, had not had even half an hour of solitude since my return in September. Sofa-surfing in your mother's home, while a blessing, is also a bit of a curse!

The extended train journey to and from New York, and the chance to spend lots of girl time with Cheryl (who, it turns out, I had not seen in five years!!!) provided me just a little bit of relief and a bit of focus.

But my current focused job search is not going so very well. My lack of French is a very big detriment, and unless I knuckle down and truly dedicate myself to studying and improving, I may find myself moving yet again. Moving to another province where French is not the main language...

And to tell the truth, I returned here, to my hometown, for a reason - I have an extended support network here. I do not want to relocate and find myself alone in a foreign city again just yet. Oh sure - in the future, I may become bored, and need a chance of scenery, but for now, here is where I want to be.

So - although demotivated by recent responses to my job equiries, I intend to press on. In happy news - I have another three day paid stint as painters-assistant coming up next week!

No comments: