Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Irony

Today is the first day of spring, and I sit here, gazing out the window, and see... a huge, huge snowfall.

I will admit that I am becoming discouraged by the constant snow and home-bound lifestyle it is leading too. But what can we do about it, really? I mean, short of moving to a more live-able climate? Which, by the way, is what any sane person would do...

But no. I will grin and bear it. I guess I wouldn't mind so much if I hadn't promised a friend that I would use her car to pick up her disabled husband tonight; during rush hour, of course. I am still not at all accustomed to driving in this weather, and if I am going to wreck a car, I'd rather it be my own, not someone else's. But as I still have not bought a car, that is out of the question.

So I either break my promise and cry chicken, or I drive really carefully and try not to fishtail into anything!

No comments: