Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Losing Pandora

One of my favourite music websites, Pandora (www.pandora.com), is now lost to us. I tried to tune in Friday last week, only to find that the site is now blocked to users outside of the U.S. (apparently, the site is still functional in Canada and the U.K,).

Access to many other things are denied to we poor ex-pats as well (can't get movies from iTunes, can't buy many video games, etc...).

I've found work-arounds for most things, and as for music, for now I'll just use the less-effective Last-FM.

2 comments:

bernicky said...

You can still access Pandora if you use www.hidemyass.com to access the site. Hope that helps.

Tracy said...

Thanks Bernicky -
But "nope":-( I'd already tried www.proxify.com, and Pandora reports "it's having trouble". Same deal with hidemyass.