Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Pain of Single-Speeding

We put our single-speed 29ers into our respective cars and drove back to the trail we'd found and hiked the other day. While we enjoyed the hike, we kept thinking how fun it would be on our bikes.

It was a good, hilly ride starting in Gotemba near route 138. We didn't know where our road would take us, but when we broke through the trees at the other end of the rocky road, we found ourselves at the Ashigara pass.

We enjoyed the view, saw some Alphorn players practicing in the park, then headed back. It was a great ride, but painful. I found myself briefly wishing for gears, and after we got back home I crashed out for a well-earned afternoon nap.

Alphorn players:



My Gary Fisher Rig:


Brian's custom Clockwork:



Brian - a morning "energy drink" on the trail:

1 comment:

bernicky said...

Alpenhorns in Japan!?! That is one of the most bizarre photos I have ever seen.