Sunday, May 27, 2007

Yamanaka -ko Road Race

Today I ran in a 13.6 km race around Lake Yamanaka, one of the Fuji Five Lakes. A few people from my company had signed up, and being there as a group made the event a lot more fun than the other two races in which I've participated. The weather was great, and the scenery enticing - further enhancing the enjoyment of the day.

Brian opted out today because being a spectator is a long, boring task made more unpleasant by the crowds; it was also a great day for him to hit the mountains and bask in some sunshine. And because I was actually running, I couldn't get any race photos, but here are a few pre-race shots:

Arrival:


Warming up:


Lake side:


My time wasn't great - about an hour and forty minutes - but I was there for the fun! And though we could have done without the two-hour traffic jam on the way out, we followed up by replenishing lost nourishment at the Gotemba Kogen Beer Hall!

3 comments:

bernicky said...

Looks like it was a nice day - though maybe a little warm. Nice you see you are enjoying the greatest sport in the world :)

bernicky said...

I just did a search for the area you were running in and found a site with some cool outdoor webcams http://www.outdoorjapan.com/section-webcams.html

-lyn said...

Congratulations on finishing the run! Sounds like you had a good time and got a good workout, too. Not to mention the "reward" at the end ...

-lyn