Saturday, May 05, 2007

Girls Day Out

There are fewer women "ex-pats" in Japan than there are male ex-pats - that's just the way it is. And sometimes it's nice to get together with fellow foreign-women and do something particularly female; that's what I did yesterday. With three of my co-workers I planned a day out shopping at the Gotemba Premium Outlet Mall, followed by dinner at the buffet restaurant at the Gotemba Kogen Beer Hall. People come from all over Japan just to go to these places - we saw cars from Osaka, Niigata and Matsumoto just to name a few. This is still Golden Week, and naturally everything was crowded!

However, although I've been to the mall several times and the Kogen many (many!) times, this was a special outing for my friends who don't actually live close by like I do and they had to trek in by train for more than an hour just to get to my place.

We shopped for frivolous things and had a frivolous time - a great way to finish off our holiday.

3 comments:

Team Sharma said...

Four of my freinds and I do a girl's night once a month from April to August (for our birthdays). We started this almost nine years ago. We've done casual, girly and bizarre things... but we always have fun.

bernicky said...

There is nothing frivolous about having some fun. It is a necessity in our lives. Glad you had fun

-lyn said...

You go, girls!

-lyn