Thursday, October 18, 2007

Kuretake Inn's Ganbanyoku

The hotel I'm in - Kuretake Inn Hamanako - is a fairly new hotel that had to close of "renovations" almost immediately after it's initial opening due to some construction scandal. Now the renovations are done and the recently reopened hotel now boasts a "gan ban yoku", or "stone bath". I mentioned the ganbanyoku a while ago - these very popular hot stone "beds" that warm you from the inside out.

Last night, after my ill-fated kara-age (of which my stomach constantly reminded me today!), I went to try the Inn's ganbanyoku. My verdict: it was ok. Just ok. It's really just a hotel room converted to have two stone beds, and while the beds were comfortable and hot, I sadly missed having a nice hot bath or even a shower to complement it.

Ganbanyoku at Kuretake Inn:

1 comment:

bernicky said...

Sounds like you are feeling a little down about the whole trip. Chin up you will be home soon enough.