Thursday, May 22, 2008

An Evening Solo-Ride

The days have, once again, been getting longer. Japan does not have Daylight Saving Time, and though there are those who complain about this, I am not one of them. Being an early riser by nature, I am much happier to be up at 4:30 a.m. in the daylight than to be awake at 9 p.m. in the daylight! However, I do appreciate the slightly longer afternoons overall that are afforded by the coming summer.

Today, after work, I decided to take advantage of the still-bright day and got out for a shortish solo ride up into the hills of Susono. Brian couldn't join me this time, so I struck out on my own. Really, I'd forgotten how fabulous and refreshing a post-work workout in the fresh mountain air can be. Usually I get home, exhaustedly plop myself in front of my computer, and pursue an unproductive evening.

I often feel tired after work. However, I realize that it is my brain that is tired but my body is actually wired. So, tonight's ride was good!

Now, we really have to get motivated and go for some real night rides; we bought a set of amazing Cateye Double Shots a few years ago, and seriously, we've only used them a few times. When we were younger (heh heh) we used to ride at night a lot more, and with a lot less power....time to get back in the game!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a mazing how a bit of exercise peps you up. All the oxygen running around always makes me feel better

Anonymous said...

Me, too, found evening riding is so nice in Susono. Actually I've just come back from it.

And, Happy Birthday to Brian!!

bernicky said...

The best time to exercise is when you least feel like it. Glad to hear that you had a good workout.