Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Where're the Bikes? Running Yamanakako.

We having posted much about biking recently, I realize. And this is, after all, supposed to be something of a biking blog. What can I say except that we haven't been riding to as many interesting places quite as often, opting instead for some rigorous hikes, and, for me, some running instead of biking.

I signed up for the Yamanakako 13.7 km race again this year. I ran it last year, and though I was not in great running shape, I did ok. This year I was hoping to actually train somewhat before race day on May 25th. I still have almost two weeks left to make this happen! Actually, the running is another reason that I wanted the new iPod Shuffle – holds lots of music, and I don't have to hold it in my hand when I run!

After this race, I'm sure we'll be back to spending lots of time with the bikes - and, of course, I'm still anxiously awaiting construction and delivery of my custom 29er Single-Speed frame from Clockwork Bikes (ETA is August...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope so, the bone jarring running blog just would be as interesting as summiting a Japanese mountain and then posting the photo's

-lyn said...

Good luck on the race!

bernicky said...

Running is the simplest of sports, just put one foot ahead of the other and alternate frequently. The only trick is to get past the feeling that you have to run and arrive at the feeling that you want to run. Enjoy the run. 13.7K is an unusual distance do you know the origins of the race?