Saturday, May 24, 2008

Warm-up Ride

My 13.7 km race is tomorrow! I can't believe how quickly time passes...I haven't properly trained, of course, but I'm sure that I'll at least be able to finish the run. I've been running a fair amount these past two weeks, and I did an easy 5km yesterday morning.

This morning, Brian and I went for a short, easy bike ride. Well, not too easy, I suppose, since Susono is a valley and every ride includes a decent hill; when you don't have gears, all the power has to come from the legs! However, I figured the bike ride would keep my cardio in shape, and wouldn't tire my legs out too much since it works different muscles.

My race kicks off at 9:45 tomorrow morning - and if the weather forecast is right, I'll be running in pouring rain. Somehow, though, I think that will be better than running in the brutal heat.

2 comments:

-lyn said...

Gambatte ! Let us know how you fare!

Team Sharma said...

How did it go?