Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Parking Ticket, a Greasy Spoon and a Morning Run

Though I brought my good camera with me to Montreal with the intention of getting out and taking some photos in and around the city, I haven't even taken it out of the case! Although the weather has been mild since I've been here, I just haven't felt inspired.

However, I have had my little Nikon Coolpix in hand a few times to recount my wonderful adventures, which began with this parking ticket that I got while parked outside the Verdun General Hospital when visiting my mother there.

[caption id="attachment_1584" align="alignnone" width="360" caption="Parking ticket issued in Verdun"]Parking Tickert[/caption]

I had paid for a day pass, but apparently, there were about five spaces reserved for regular permit holders. Of course, I happened to park in one of those spaces. At least I was able to pay the ticket online and not have to make a special trip to any "financial institution" to pay the damn thing.

Happier adventures included lunch and catching up with Bernicky and his daughter at a little local greasy spoon in my old neighborhood.

[caption id="attachment_1585" align="alignnone" width="480" caption="In the Diner"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1586" align="alignnone" width="480" caption="Us in the diner"][/caption]

I have also been trying to run when I can. The weather has been perfect - sunny and warm, and the ice has even melted off the sidewalks - it would be a crime not to be out when possible. The bicycle/walking path along the Lachine canal was clear enough, too, though you can see that the canal itself is still rather frozen!

[caption id="attachment_1587" align="alignnone" width="480" caption="Lachine Canal"][/caption]

1 comment:

lyn said...

Well, the parking ticket makes your visit home "official", right?

Brr - I'm glad you're getting out, but boy does that canal look COLD!