Friday, March 19, 2010

A Quiet Mind

We haven't blogged much this week,  and perhaps having nothing to blog about is, occasionally, a good thing. Life has been quiet, and I have tried to enjoy that time by simply being rather than doing.

The past few months (years?) I have felt rushed, like I have had to hurry to be doing something. And yet, it seems that I am not actually being while I am doing. What I mean is, we have forgotten to slow down, and even while doing activity A, I find myself thinking ahead to activity B.

Do you ever drive anywhere, arrive at your destination, only to realize you have no memory of that drive? It was all about the destination, and it's scary to think how many people are not actually present when they are behind the wheel; there is nobody driving those cars! I realize I am more aware of the journey when on the motorbike, more in the moment.

And that brings me back to today's post. Today I just want to stop for a while, to look around and appreciate where we are on the journey. Jon Kabat-Zinn said that we are always at the crossroads of 'Here' and 'Now'. So tonight, this is the moment I will savour.

No comments: