Monday, March 29, 2010

Running and Resting

This weekend, Brian came to Shimada (as I mentioned in my previous post), and we ran 15 km along the Oi Gawa (river) on Saturday moring. We then went to the Horai-no-Yu, the local Shimada onsen or spa.

I actually haven't been inside that onsen for many years, as the last two times I went there I was unceremoniously thrown out due to my (albeit lovely) tattoos. This time, we demonstrated forethought and covered my tats with medical tape!

So, after a hard run and a hot bath, we then went out for Yaki-Niku at a restaruant in Fujieda. After eating all we could eat, it was time to get on the highway back home. We pulled in, exhausted, at 5 p.m.. on Saturday night.

Today, Sunday, I went shopping at the Outlet Mall, while Brian went to spend some time with a friend in Tokyo.

All in all, a weekend well spent!

No comments: