Wednesday, August 31, 2005

First Steps

Even little acorns grow into big oak trees. The danger is in looking at the oak tree looming above you, and thinking, "I can't be that".

At the risk of being trite (and cliched), I have to say, you gotta start somewhere.

Last weekend, a friend climbed Mt. Fuji. Not unusual - except he swore he would never do it; and, standing in the shadow of the volcano, it is easy to become discouraged. But he climbed it.

Another friend also climbed to the top last weekend, but that is no great feat for her. Her accomplishment is that she started her own blog and even registered a domain name - until that point, she had no clue how to navigate her way around html/ blogs/ websites. Her blog now has two posts, and I highly recommend a visit, as she is an experienced photographer. You can find her at www.alyssaconway.blogspot.com. I will post her professional photography website url as soon as it is up and running!

And, one more small achievment - I submitted my application (and paid the 5, 500 yen) for Level 2 of the Nihongo Noryoku Shiken (Japanese Level Proficiency Test) to be held on December 4th.

Like I said, we all gotta start somewhere.

4 comments:

-lyn said...

Gambatte!!!

bernicky said...

Good luck on the exam.

Internet Street Philosopher said...

Best of luck on the exams and also I now have a bike! I'll send pictures as soon as I can. How are gas prices over in Japan?

Internet Street Philosopher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.