Thursday, August 25, 2005

Piney Lives!

A few months ago, Brian decided to plant a pineapple top, hoping it would grow into a healthy plant. It was a great idea, but we had left the pineapple top sitting on our counter for about a week before we got around to planting it, and it had a lot of brown, dying "leaves". It didn't look like it would survive, but we planted it anyway. Over the past month or so Piney had gotten drier- looking and, well, rather dead-looking. Brian even had to acknowledge the fact that Piney was gone, and he offered to let me have Piney's pot for another plant.

Well - the strong typhoon winds today prompted me to bring Piney inside (more so that the pot wouldn't tip and spill earth over my balcony than out of any concern for poor, defeated Piney).

However, imagine my surprise when I saw a new pineapple plant growing, bright green and healthy!

Sometimes, there are second chances!

Piney Junior

1 comment:

-lyn said...

You go, Piney Jr.!!!