Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hibernation

I feel guilty complaining about winter here because the weather is never cold (it never gets below zero for sure), and it just about never snows. The air is clear and dry, and sunny days far outnumber cloudy, rainy ones.

However - shorter days and chillier mornings do not lend themselves well to morning (or evening) activity. No bikes rides so far this year except on the weekend, and I've been blowing off my running companions for the past four weeks. Pretty soon they're going to stop inviting me. I'm also finding myself driving to the local supermarket recently rather than walking; and I seem to prefer basking in the warmth of our kerosene heater and watching streaming TV shows online to any other form of activity.

Hibernation, it seems, has hit. Nothing to do now but sit back with a good book, a bottle of wine and fluffy slippers...

1 comment:

bernicky said...

Everyone needs a break every now and then so don't feel too guilty. The important thing is to get back to it :)