Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lemongrass - Asian Restaurant at Gotemba Kogen

To celebrate my birthday, Brian took me to a nice Asian Fusion restaurant that we'd never been to. It is not far from us – just in Gotemba, at – yes, you guessed it – the Gotemba Kogen Beer Hall / Resort. There are three onsens, at least six restaurants, a cheese shop, a cake shop, a soccer field, three or four hotels of various styles. In winter, one of the main draws of the Kogen is the “Illumination” (which I think I posted photos of somewhere...).

Of course, when we go to the “Kogen”, we're really just after their micro-brew German beer and all-you-can-eat and drink feast at the Mugibatake. But on Tuesday we thought we'd like to try something a little more refined, and found ourselves at Lemongrass.

The atmosphere was really nice - quiet and Romantic - and the food, which for us consisted of spareribs, Thai Curry, Vietnamese spring rolls and a Taiwanese salami, was great. We also were not deprived of our German beer since it is served in all the restaurants on the Kogen grounds, and we even had a bottle of wine to boot.

Verdict: We'd go there again!

Here are some pics that Brian took with his D40x (18-200mm vr lens) and SB-400 flash:



Thai fare...in Gotemba:


Spring roll and Thaiwanese Salami:

3 comments:

Team Sharma said...

It looks like a great place to celebrate a birthday. I alway considered the "mid" years to be -4s, -5s and -6s. 36 is still mid-thirties. I hope this is a great year.

-lyn said...

I agree with Karin - you're still "mid". I plan to use the same logic for myself next year...

Glad you had such a nice dinner.

bernicky said...

Happy birthday. It looks like you chose a good way to spend it - good food - good company and a nice atmosphere. Congrats.