Thursday, August 28, 2008

Curves in Susono

Yes, there is Curves in Japan. And a very small branch opened up here in Susono about two years ago. Ironically, they opened just after I was officially thrown out of the prestigious gym that I'd become a member of a few kilometres down the road. Some readers may remember my ignominious blackballing from that gym (which was a really really nice gym with a swimming pool, sauna and outdoor bath!!) -
http://japanrider.blogspot.com/2006/06/body-art-or-tattoos.html

Well, after being disgruntled, after avoiding Curves (and any other 'nice' place), I finally bit the bullet and I joined Curves right here in Susono. I had always thought that Curves was kinda lame, but actually, I'm so far really enjoying my time there. The two women who staff the place are really genki (lively), and really encourage chatting with other members. This is likely to improve my Japanese, and maybe some of the ladies will eventually get over their shyness enough to try some English.

I plan to keep a low(ish) profile, keep my tats covered, and workout in harmony with the other folks! Let's hope they don't read blogs:-)

2 comments:

bernicky said...

Keeping the tats covered is probably a good idea. Having some alternative exercise - cross training - is always a good idea.

-lyn said...

Yeah, I second Bernicky about the tats. And, hopefully their English practice will be limited to speaking with you ... and not reading your blogs!