Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Book Mooch

About a month or so ago I came across a pretty cool book exchanging website called Book Mooch (http://www.bookmooch.com). Being too busy to really let myself get into anything else that would only help me procrastinate on the things I was busy procrastinating on, I simply book marked it and planned to come back to it later. And so this morning I did get back to it.

I signed up, and browsed around a little, trying to remember exactly what this site was about. I saw that I could list some of my books that I wanted to get rid of, and for every book that somebody mooched off me I would get a point and be able to mooch from someone else. I would also get mooch points for every ten books I posted.

There are several sites like this, I know, but this one has a pretty big community even in Japan, and there is no cost for using the site other than the cost of shipping to send your books to someone else. So I went ahead listed a hand full of books that I am tired of having sitting around here, and that was it. Within a few hours a German woman living in Nagoya contacted me via Book Mooch and requested a book that I had on offer. I'll simply drop by the post office tomorrow to ship it. Very cool.

Now I wonder whether anyone else out there wants my books??

1 comment:

Team Sharma said...

I guess you will know soon enough... I pulled 30 or so paperbacks out of the depths of my closet this weekend to donate to the "friends of the Library". These are the junk books that I don't want traced back to me. The good stuff I trade here at work.