Thursday, September 04, 2008

Solo Ride

I hadn't gone for a long, hard bike ride without company in a long, long time. But that's what I did on Monday as I had a day off. I saddled up my new Clockwork Orange, filled up my Camelbak, and headed out into the mountains.

There are a lot of things that I like about solo rides, but one thing I most appreciate is being more un-alone than when alone. I didn't see much of anyone on the streets, and once off-road there was just me and the bike and a few stray thoughts.

Another thing I like about solo rides though is that I can walk whenever I feel like it, and I can scream down the hills at full speed without ever catching up to anyone!

2 comments:

owenandbenjamin said...

My favorite is solo rides. I love going at my own pace and powering up long climbs without having to stop and wait.

And solo rides are a good time to think about things by yourself, meditate so to speak.

bernicky said...

Solo is the best. No worries about waiting for someone or going too slow. Just the purity of the sport in its simplest terms - you and the trail. What's not to love?