Saturday, September 27, 2008

Japan's New Prime Minister

I've decided that I really do have to get my head out of the sand (a.k.a. away from the computer) and pay attention to the world around me. I know all the internet memes, I've seen Two Girls, One Cup (I definitely don't recommend it), and I've Dugg a few cool articles.

I even sort of know what's going on in the world at large. I know about the U.S. Presidential campaign, I know that David Letterman was miffed at McLean, and I actually know who the key players are.

What I didn't know was that Japan's Prime Minister, Yasuo Fukuda, stepped down on September 2nd, and we now have a new PM, Taro Aso. So like I said, time to start reading the Japan Times again, and watching the news on TV.

1 comment:

-lyn said...

I know how you feel. Once in a while I guess we have to wake up, stretch, and look around to see what's happening around us!