Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Photos of our Motorcycles

As I mentioned, we've already selected and purchased our new motorcycles. One Sunday afternoon, I surfed the Goo Bike website, where I could compare bikes from different shops online. After selecting a few that we were interested in, I requested an estimate of actual cost (including repairs, paperwork, delivery, etc). The best (and one of the quickest) responses we had was from the small T-Rex chain based in Tokyo, and after a follow-up phone call from a woman working at the shop, we decided to buy both bikes, sight unseen, from T-Rex.

We are not even going to the shop to pick up the bikes; not wanting to drive unfamiliar bikes through the labyrinthine streets of Tokyo, we requested that they be delivered to our door, and we will probably receive them by July 4th.

Though the process got started quickly, the paperwork, parts-ordering, and delivery takes time. Takeuchi-san, our contact at T-Rex, has been great at keeping in touch with us at every step of the process, sending photos and letting us know at which stage each bike is at. This is great, and though I'm still driven by immediate gratification, I'll consider this "practice" for becoming a bit more patient!

Though the bikes are old, and we haven't seen them in person, we are confident that they'll be beautiful. Here are the photos on which we based our bike-buying decisions:

Brian's Honda VRX:




My Kawasaki Estrella:



P.S. See - I'm already fulfilling my promise of more blogging!

No comments: