Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Practicing on a Dragstar

Brian did it - he successfully completed the motorcycle course, took (and passed) the test, and then went to the license bureau to get his license. He said it was not so difficult, but really the biggest test was patience, as both the test day, and license day, required a lot of sitting and waiting!

I have been taking extra lessons as it was taking me longer to master the basics of tight-turns and emergency breaking. However, after my lesson on Monday, my instructor said that the next step was to take the test. I should be happy, but I wish I had another lesson to take - so I could take a lesson on Friday night and do the test on Saturday morning, hopefully having remembered everything! Anyway, I'm still going to do the test on Saturday, and, if I don't pass, I'll just sign up to take it again the following week.

At least, we have a friend here who got his license, and a Yamaha Dragstar bike, a few months ago, and, good friend that he is, he agreed to meet me at 5 a.m. this morning so I could practice on his bike in a big, empty parking lot.

Some shots from our pre-work ride:

In Full Reglia:


Me getting down to business:









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go for it Honey you can do it
Mom

Karin said...

Don't y'all look tough!?!