Monday, June 01, 2009

Our Race Results

We're home from the Yamanakako race!

We had a great evening last night at the Kaede - very hospitable and quiet, perfect before our race day. We had a great breakfast (including the ubiquitous, and oddly good, natto), which was served at 6:00 a.m. instead of the usual 8:00 because all the guests were going to be running. Compared to previous years, this was a far more relaxed, less-hectic way to get to race day!

The weather was okay - chilly at first, but once it came time to run, we were quite warm, and even hot; so when it started to rain, I think every runner was thankful!

Anyway, this is such a huge race (16,000 people this year, I heard) that we don't receive our certificates on the spot, but rather have them mailed to us later, so we can't be certain of our finish times. However, I checked Runnet.com and found our listed times, which are:

Brian 1:29:03
Jenny 1:29:02
Me 1:26:50

I kept a pace that was comfortable for me, and pulled ahead of Brian and Jenny slightly on an up-slope - but they were obviously never far behind. This was their first race, and I think they will now take to this sport with relish.

1 comment:

bernicky said...

Congrats on your time and having fun - that's what it is all about. If the idea appeals to you: I have been collecting "Why I Run" stories at http://www.club-phoenix.org/listreviews.php?rev=running with stories from Canada, USA and South Africa so far a story from you and any of your fellow runners in Japan would be a great addition.