Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Little Things

My friend - who was also my nihongo sensei for eight years - came over last night. We cooked dinner together, had a friendly chat, and she was also happy to take some non-perishable, unopened food items from me. My pantry is getting emptier by the day, and that feels good too.

Also yesterday, as I was driving home from work, taking a scenic, non-trafficked back road, I small boy waited to cross at a pedestrian cross walk. Despite this being a quiet road generally, during rush hour, a lot of people use this road, driving much too fast, frankly. Seeing the boy, I stopped to let him cross (as, in fact, is the law). He looked both way, then ran quickly across the road. Once safely to the other side, he turned and waved his thanks to me. I smiled and waved back.

It's little things like this that can brighten one's day.

No comments: