Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Almost Partied Out...

B and I have been kept very socially busy since Friday night, with various parties and dinners. On Monday we went out with our two bosses - the president and his wife - to my favorite local yakitori shop right here in town.

Then last night, my nihongo sensei, who I've known for eight years, brought dinner over to my place, where B, she and I ate together. She's an excellent cook, and enjoys the cooking, so she brought a full multi-dish meal of potato-salmon gratin, raw ham and melon, yaki-niku with leafy vegetables and even pudding for dessert. We three ate and chatted for a few hours, listening to Enya and then Enka in the background, before she took her final leave.

I could have felt sad, and I did a little, but somehow I feel like I'll be seeing her again, and we'll definitely stay in touch. As she says, I was her longest-studying student!

Here are some photos from Monday and Tuesday:
[gallery]

No comments: