Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Looking Forward!

Relocating one's life after 13 years, and planning to leave a relationship after 10 years, is not a clean, easy, smooth, emotion-free process. Oh, what? You're surprised??

But seriously - no, it ain't easy, but I am truly happy. This makes things easier. If I dwell on what I'm going to lose (Brian; my awesome car and my fabu motorcycle) yes, I'm very sad. But, I'm really thinking ahead - all the opportunity that awaits!

But of course my days are filled with preparations for moving - I'm even obsessing. Today I renewed my international license so I can legally drive around the world for at least the next year. I of course have no intention of telling the Japan License Office that I'm relocating!

Other moving stuff is going well. My fibre optic net connection will be terminated on the 26th of June. My car insurance will be done on July 3rd. Things are going great.

And yes - it's these practical thoughts and these practical processes that keep emotion at bay. The day I hand my car over to the dealer (who says he'll give me a piddly 80,000 yen for it!) will be the day I break down.

Until then, I have only happy things to do and look forward to.

No comments: