Sunday, June 13, 2010

Moving Prep

Time is so fluid - always shifting in our own perceptions. Three months ago, when I first made a solid decision to move on, time seemed to slow down to a crawl for the first month. Then suddenly it sped up, and before I could even catch my breath, I had only three weeks left before finishing work and having to move out of my apartment.

And now, oddly, time has slowed down again. I feel like the next three weeks will just drag on...

But - my moving preparations are well under way. On Friday, I arranged for a local recycle shop came to my apartment; as Brian is also trying to pare down and clean his apartment, he brought over some of our other things. Here's what my apartment looked like on Friday morning:

[gallery columns="2"]

Three men from the recycle shop came in a large truck, and, thankfully, they took almost all of it - camping tents, book cases, organizer shelves, a dresser, a huge rack, a huge (HUGE!) cabinet... all gone!

Two things they didn't take - our old roof box, used for holding camping gear, and some old bicycle wheels. I easily drove those two things to the dump later.

I do not feel sad - not at all. I did feel a ping of nostalgia, looking at some of our camping gear being carted off, but in general, I was left with a light and airy feeling of freedom, and excitement for the future.

No comments: