Monday, April 18, 2005

The Bike Gallery

Over the last seven years or so, as our skill improved and our needs changed, Brian and I have been upgrading our mountain bikes - sometimes just the parts, other times the frame, and others by buying a whole new bike.

Today, I wanted to showcase our current bikes. I have unselfishly left out pictures and descriptions of the muliple frames accumulating on the back balcony and the boxes of parts in both our apartments.



Brian's 2005 Gary Fisher Rig - a dedicated single speed with 29" wheels, Brian is happiest with this bike, which came perfectly set up for him. He hasn't ridden anything else since it arrived in February.



Brian's Cannondale - Retired. This is the bike that Brian converted to a single speed last year, before buying the Rig.



Tracy's Cannondale - a cross-country single speed for everyday use. I converted this to a single speed when I started to get bored with all the gears, and just bored with the bike.




Brian's Yeti, "Handmade in America", full-suspension cross-country bike in extra-large; probably the first bike to fit Brian properly, and great for technical and/or steep trails.




Tracy's 2001 Specialized Rockhopper - a perfect fit for me, and rides like a dream. There is nothing it can't do with the Rock Shox Duke for the fork.




Brian's GT DHi Race - the downhill bike that made Brian a better rider; even huge drop-offs are no match for the DHi and Brian's technical skill.



Tracy's Santa Cruz Bullit - for downhill and freeride use. I am just waiting for the downhill mountain bike park to open again for the summer season, as I have not ridden the Sherman fork yet!

2 comments:

RJ said...

Very impressive, I like all of them. But, when will I see a road bike in your stable?

-lyn said...

Wow, so many bikes! It is nice to be able to see them individually like that, so when yo mention them in your blog entries I will know which one is which! Mom