Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Finding Time

I got in a ride this morning. I turned the alarm clock off at 5 a.m., then promptly fell back to sleep. When I woke, the clock read "6:30". I jumped out of bed - I had to get ready right away if I wanted to ride this morning! Brian wanted to ride, too, but he was still fast asleep - had to be tired to still be asleep at 6:30.

I got dressed and out into the chilly morning air, mildly surprised at the lack of traffic. Must be because it is spring holiday for most schools now.

I rode up into the hills, aiming for one of our favorite, yet short, morning routes. I kept at a slow but steady uphill pace of 11 km/ h. Then about halfway through my ride, I changed the function on my cycle computer from Speed to Time. The clock read "6:00". I then finally started to realize that, in my not-quite-awake state, I had misread my clock this morning and I had actually gained an hour!

1 comment:

bernicky said...

hahaha
hahaha
:D
Well at least it was an EARLY morning ride.