Saturday, April 02, 2005

Deep Fried Cheese Sticks ...ARE NOT FOOD

But they are certainly very, very tasty!

I am back from my business trip, and back from the Hamakita Plaza Hotel (very nice hotel between Hamamatsu city and Tenryu city). However, while I was away, I gained about one kilogram. That's a lot in one week - but, I ask you, what's a person to do when, getting back to the hotel, hungry after working late, and finding a nice izakaya in the basement of the hotel??

That's right - an izakaya called Tsubohachi operates in B1 (the basement level) of the Plaza Hotel. As a result, a few of my evening meals consisted of beer and deep fried food, such as the following:


French fries, salted and topped with a few slabs of butter, complemented with nama-chu (draft beer).



My favorite dish - deep-fried cheese sticks.


Now that I am back home, where Brian has been holding down the fort for the last week, I plan to eat plenty of salad and do lots of riding in the hills of Susono.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beer and deep fried food, it doesn't get any better than that!