Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Flat Stanley Arrives

As I mentioned yesterday, we are having a visitor stay with us for a few weeks. His name is Flat Stanley, and he is visiting as part of Brian's niece's school project. He had a little accident and got flattened by a whiteboard; the upside is, he gets to travel around the world in the mail (or email)!

Here is his photo:






















He is going to get some rest today while we go to work, but he will be with us for a while and we will be busy showing him around Susono and other parts of Japan!

4 comments:

bernicky said...

I like Flat Stanley. Cool idea. Do you have to write a letter explaining what Flat Stanley has been doing in Japan?

-lyn said...

Is Flat Stanley from Sheela? This is the same idea as my Kai Li teddy bear, who has traveled all over and sends postcards and photos back to the school kids.

Tracy said...

Yes - Flat Stanley is from Sheela, and in fact, the concept made me think of Kai Li!

I think they are GREAT learning ideas, and I think I would be a bit smarter now if such techniques were employed when I was in elementary school!

Doc Shazam said...

I wish I was flat stanley. I'd hop on your bikes and go for a ride.