Friday, October 14, 2005

Yahoo Japan Auction

A few years ago, when E-Bay took the internet auction to a new level in the U.S. and Cananda, Yahoo was making great progress here in Japan, and is now the most popular internet auction.

While we have been buying from the auction for about three years, we had never tried to sell anything. Until now, that is. I finally decided that I could handle the Q&A, etc... in Japanese well enough to take the chance. I put my Cannondale up for auction as well as my old Foes frame, and they have both received bids; the auction will end tomorrow afternoon.

I have to say, I am pretty excited. I haven't really even looked at the Cannondale since I bought my Rig back in August, and the Foes frame has been gathering dust since the derailleur hanger broke and I bought the Santa Cruz Bullit instead, so I started the bidding pretty low, as I would be happy just to sell the things and make more room in the aparment, but the bidding has already gone up!

I think I am selling at the right time; a few years ago, people were still a little reluctant to buy from the auction, so it was a buyers' market; now, everyone wants a deal, and it has become a sellers' market for sure.

If you are interested in following the auction with me, Click here to see my Foes on the auction and here to see my Cannondale!

2 comments:

bernicky said...

I looked but did not bid. :) Hope the auction goes well. If nothing else the extra space will be worth the hit you take on the frame and bike. As it is if you aren't using them then you are losing money on them the longer you keep them anyway.

Internet Street Philosopher said...

Coolness! Keep up the work and best of luck to you!