Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Still Running

Autumn is pretty much here with shorter days and cooler, drier temperatures. After last week's bout of sickness, I am back in full force this week, and so is Brian. We've been riding every morning, though this morning I ventured out for a run instead while Brian rode.

I started running only a few months ago, and while riding is still my activity of choice, I've decided that I quite like running - very strange, considering how much I used to hate it. A decade ago you couldn't have paid me to run; now, I value the solitute and variety that a run offers. Now if only I can convince Brian to give it a try!

2 comments:

bernicky said...

Running is best when it is a solitary pursuit - there is fun with groups or pairs but there is a wonderful purity about running solo. I am glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Internet Street Philosopher said...

I think that running is good, but I still have biking on the brain.