Thursday, September 07, 2006

Linguistic Lapse

At this time last year, I was posting about my studying (or lack thereof) for the level 2 (2-qyu) Japanese Proficiency test. The test is adminsitered annually in December, but I didn't pass last year. And as for this year - well, I've lost ground rather than gained (or even maintained); therefore, I've decided to forego the test this year, and to sit for it next year instead (2007).

However, that doesn't mean that I'm done studying! On the contrary - I'm just about finished with my current textbook, and we (my teacher and I) wiill be moving on to a new text soon. We will also be practicing/drilling grammar points at the "2-qyu" level.

Finishing a whole series and being ready to move on is very motivating. I hope to vastly improve my language skill over the next year!

December 2007, here I come!

1 comment:

bernicky said...

Congrats on continuing to move forward. That is the only direction that is always worth the effort :)

Hope the running and cycling are going well.