Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Silent Hours

I could also have titled this post, "Why You Should Wake Up Early".

It just turned five a.m., and I've already had my first cup of tea for the day. Better still, I enjoyed it in silence.

Cars aren't driving by on the street yet, the TV isn't on, the coffee isn't brewing, and Brian is quietly sleeping. But it's more than that - there is an almost ethereal quality to the silence in the pre-dawn hours.

And these silent moments are mine. I can catch up on blogging, do my Japanese homework, or simply think with a hot cup of tea in my hand.

Alas - I so rarely manage to wake up to enjoy this time...

3 comments:

-lyn said...

... go to bed really, really late!
I, too, love the quiet times; but mine are more likely to be around 2-4 AM. Pretty special, either way.

-lyn said...

Did I leave out the first word, "Or" ? Sorry.

bernicky said...

The importance of tea at these moments is not to be underestimated. Early morning is the best because unlike late in the evening or going to bed late you do not have the pressures of the day at your back just yet.