Friday, September 29, 2006

Pajero Mini Update

Already two and a half months have passed since I became the proud owner of a new (for me) Pajero Mini. You may remember my initial excitement when I purchased the car back in July – well, that excitement has not faded!

The Mini is not sold outside Japan (which is too bad – it would have been perfect in Saipan!) – but it is VERY popular here. I see several vintages each day – and I am glad that I am driving one of my very own.

Because it is a very small “kei” car, it is much easier to navigate the narrow roads and alleys of Japan, and it’s also MUCH easier to park (I almost don’t even have to look!!

It also drives really well – I took it on the freeway and even with its tiny engine it performed fine. Of course, we’ve taken it off-road several times in four-wheel high and four-wheel low - what fun!

You'd never guess that this car was already 10 years old! The previous owner(s) must have loved the car as much as I do, and I can only hope that it keeps doing this well for another couple of years!

4 comments:

bernicky said...

It is a sweet looking car. I hope you are taking as good care of it as the previous owner. Does it only seat two? It looks big enough for four but your description seems to indicate it is very tiny.

-lyn said...

And it's pretty, too!

Tracy said...

Ah. It seats two adults comfortably; probably two chilren in the back... it's a bit small, but actually, for shopping and storage - EXCELLENT! lots and lots of room and easy access!!

Heather said...

how's it going with the mini one year since your purchase? My husband and I live in Pakistan and we're on the market for a car we can use in a crowded city and also take up into the mountains for hiking. The one we're looking at is a 2001 model with 20,000km, came straight from Japan and looks to be in good shape. Any comments would be helpful! Thanks