Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Weekend Well Spent

I think we were both overdue for a long weekend. We haven't been camping or downhilling as much this year as last, but we're still keeping pretty busy on the weekends.

Sunday was "apartment cleaning day" - long, hot and tiring but certainly worth the effort.

After a morning bike ride (before the typhoon rains!), Monday was "projects" day; basically, Brian did more cleaning and organizing of bike parts, I played on my computer and did a few photo projects:

I created this effect in Photoshop Elements 4 - I'm still just learning my way around the program, but having fun doing it:



I also wanted to practice with lighting and my macro lense, so I bought these roses just to take pictures of them. They also made the room a little brighter - until they wilted and died!

2 comments:

bernicky said...

Cool pictures. I am looking forward to more macro stuff. It is the kind of photography I most enjoy looking at.

-lyn said...

But, the photo of the roses won't ever wilt and die!!!