Saturday, May 30, 2009

Readying for Tomorrow's Race

The Yamanakako 13.6 km race day has approached so quickly - yet we are ready!

The last two years when I ran alone, I went up to the race on the day of, and sat in traffic, desperate for parking, like all the other 12,000 people. So this year, I thought ahead and booked us a room at a little Japanese hotel called Kaede. Although it is fairly close to the lake, it is not quite as close to the starting point as I wanted, but frankly, even two months ago, everything else was booked and I feel lucky to have gotten this!


View Kaede Yamanakako in a larger map

The three of us (Jenny, Brian and me) are going to drive there today (it's only about an hour away), pre-register for tomorrow's race, then check in and chill out with a chu-hi or two before finding dinner somewhere.

I'll be bringing my iPod Touch, but doubt that I'll have any kind of internet access to post updates...however, if I do find wifi in the village, I'll be sure to post an update on Twitter (http://twitter.com/japanrider)

1 comment:

bernicky said...

I will give you the same advice I give everyone - run your race. You know your pace do not give in to the temptation to stay with someone who you know is running faster than you usually run. 13K is a long run and starting too fast will make it feel longer than it needs to feel. Remember to smile and wave - you are having fun after all.