Saturday, November 07, 2009

Nikko Road Trip, part deux

I wanted to add a bit about my Nikko trip. Below is a map of the route I took there and back (excluding my unplanned Tokyo Tour!).


View Motorbiking to Nikko in a larger map

Here is a map of the Shuto expressway system of Tokyo. Trust me, it's not as simple as it looks. I came off the Tomei, onto Rt. 3; then somehow ended up on Rt. 4 and the Chuo Expressway (essentially having made a U-turn). I got off the Chuo at the first possible choice (because by then I finally realized that I was off-course), and after driving around the busy Tokyo streets for a while, I got back on the busy Shuto system and made my way over to S1 and eventually the Tohoku Expressway!







[caption id="attachment_1323" align="alignnone" width="438" caption="Shuto expressways"][/caption]

And finally, a couple of 'scrapbook' pages with a few highlights (note: most of these photos were taken with my little point-and-shoot S640):








[/caption]

No comments: