Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend

Two weekends ago (the 7th and 8th) we did a good motorbike ride. We have pics and Brian will post some soon, as he took some pretty good shots.

This most recent weekend (yesterday and Saturday) was less eventful. Saturday just rained long and hard all day, with heavy winds (at least here in Susono).  I had an appointment and some errands to take care of in Shinjuku, and the weather was simply not an issue. Brian stayed home and had some quiet alone time in which to get his new beer-brewing project off the ground. We should be enjoying his creation in a few weeks, as it has to sit in its 'barrel' for a while.

Yesterday, while not rainy, was too windy to make riding seem enjoyable. We ran in the morning - not as far or as long as we should have, considering that we have a 27km race coming up in just two short weeks (eek!). Then I was off to the hair salon, the post-office, the electronics shop, the photo-printing shop, the grocery store...you get the idea. Brian continued to brew his beer and... other home tasks.

I also managed to clean out yet two more 'closet' areas. One, my cupboard where I keep all my software CDs and blank Cds and DVDs. It had begun to explode with wires and chargers and cds stuffed into crevices where they weren't meant to fit. I threw away obsolete things, and organized our data cds (including photo backups) into nice little CD folders.

And I cleaned our little set of plastic drawers that hold various things like screw-drivers, peripheral wires, and my stationary (weird combo, I know)!

Oh - and I also did two humongous loads of laundry yesterday, too - and don't forget that almost nobody actually has a clothes dryer here, so lots of hanging out and taking in was invovled!

And now it is somehow already Monday morning...time to start work, I suppose!

No comments: