Friday, November 06, 2009

Yutanpo

First - my trip back from Nikko was just as long as my trip there, but not nearly so hectic as I took local roads and avoided going through Tokyo. More photos and tales to follow - but more importantly, it was downright chilly here today.

As homes on this mild side of Japan are not insulated, we really do feel the chill. So when I was out shopping and saw a yutanpo (??????hot water bottle) that was of the soft variety (versus the more traditional hard-metal (or ceramic) bottle types) I just couldn't resist.

Also, as I apparently have too much time on my hands (not!), and feel particularly geeky, I've been working more at Scrapbooking my photos. So, here, scrapped for fun, is my new yutanpo, which I am about to carry


2 comments:

Lyn said...

Umm, yeah - pretty geeky. But I love it!

BTW - I can read (or almost, and only because you have it in English also) the "yutanpo" in kanji written vertically - but what's the single kanji at the bottom left side? Just curious.

Tracy said...

OH - thought I'd replied.
The bottom kanji is 'fuyu' - Winter!