Thursday, October 14, 2010

Can Schnauzers Ride?

Just a brief post! I dropped by my local SPCA on Monday, and I walked out with an unkempt but very well-behaved Schnauzer mix!

I had gone in thinking that I wanted to get a larger dog, a dog good to run with or skate with. But sometimes, things have a way of working out on their own, and along a different path.

While my little dog Dexter has a touch of kennel cough right now, and he's only a puppy still, so I can't really drag him along on my skates or my runs, I have hopes that he will be a great walking companion, and even eventually a slow jogging companion!

In any case - this is the most amazing little dog. Mostly house-broken already, very quiet but still playful, never bugs you at dinner time, I can't believe there was someone out there who did want him!








PS - A Rant:
I do not and will not buy animals from pet stores. Nor will I buy pet supplies from a pet store that sells animals. Ever. Those poor pups come from puppy mills, not reputable breeders, and buying from there just perpetuates the inhumane crime. Likewise, I won't buy puppies from newspaper ads. There are plenty (PLENTY!) of unwanted but perfectly adoptable dogs at shelters and rescue groups all over. And as you can see - you can get a pretty amazing mutt out of one of those sad places.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Excellent choice!