Sunday, October 31, 2010

Short, Dark Days of Winter

Although it is still only October, we've already had our first snow of the season; it was just a little snow, but after having spent so much time in a place where snow only occurred once every two years or so, it is a bit of a shock! However, more than that is the difference in times for the sunrise.

The days here are already quite short, and so dark. I woke up at 5 a.m. today for the first time in weeks; I've been sleeping in because the world is still so dark. And in fact, even now at 7:10 a.m., it is not exactly bright yet.

I did a quick comparison of sunrise and sunset times for Japan and Montreal:
October 31st

Montreal - Sunrise: 7:32 a.m.; Sunset: 5:43 p.m.

Japan -Sunrise: 6:02 a.m.; Sunset: 4:47 p.m.

Okay, so Japan will see sunset a half hour before I do, but as a morning person, if I could choose, I would have the early sunrise over the early sunset.

In either case, I realize that I need to re-stock my Vitamin D tablets:)

No comments: