Thursday, October 14, 2010

From Bikes to Skates...

I have now been out of Japan for almost three weeks. They have, for the most part, flown by. But I greatly miss many things - for example, riding. I miss riding my motorbike, and I miss my bicycle, too. My bicycle - the infamous orange Clockwork 29er,  is currently in a box, in a shipment, sitting in a 'ship jam' in Vancouver. As for the motorcycle - I sold that more than three months ago, along with my precious car. And while I will have my bicycle again in a few weeks (hopefully!), I am beginning to realize that getting my motorcycle license here is not going to be so easy, and am still having to jump through hoops just for the car license!

And so...How am I surviving?

Fairly well. I'm not attaching to things (such as the car and the bike and the bicycle!), and am instead finding new ways to stay healthy and active.








So, at least for a few months of the year, I will still be on wheels - sorta riding! - and will keep posting about Japan and Japan considerations. Oh, and I DO have another little web project in the works. Hopefully I can go live (beta) in a week or two!

No comments: