Friday, October 29, 2010

Japan Motorcycle License not Transferable to Quebec

My re-patriation pains have been bearable so far - and, I was even able to get my Quebec license based on my Japanese license! I needed several things though -

A translation of the Japan license from the Consulate of Japan in Montreal
Six months worth of bill statements (preferably in French or English) showing proof of residency in Japan
A proof of address here in Quebec

Unfortunately - my motorcycle license, that I worked so hard for (and, um, paid so much for!) is not transferable. The Quebec Government is determined to get their piece of me - I'll have to actually take motorcycle courses here ($$$) and then pay for and maintain a license.

Just for those who do not know - Quebec is exorbitant. I paid $120 CAD for my driver's license alone last week; that is good until January, 2012, when I'll have to pay another $100 or so for yet another year...

Sigh.

No comments: