Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hotel Room Blues




Yes - the above is a photo of tonight's plan! A can of dark Yebisu (pronounces e-beece) beer, and catching up on some Japanese study. If I want to have even the whisper of a chance at passing the level 2 Japanese Level Proficiency Test, then I'd better stay motivated!

Staying in a cheap business hotel in Japan is very comfortable. The rooms are very small and simple, but clean and comfortable. There are always vending machines somewhere in the hotel where you can buy cigarettes, beer and soft drinks, and even a machine that dispences Cup Noodle.

The Hamakita Plaza Hotel, where I am staying this week, is great - there is an izakaya in the basement (below gound floor). I am planning to go there for dinner (again) tonight.

I'd love to post more pics, but the dial-up type of connection I am using is making it tough to upload large files! I will definitely make up for that when I am back at my home base with high-speed access.

1 comment:

bernicky said...

Looks like a good plan for a boring evening! Well I guess the better you get at Japanese the more interesting the television will become :) - then you can really waste time.

I would campaign to get you to start running but then you might try to get me on a mountain bike so I'll leave well enough alone. If I ever visit though I will run up the mountain with you.