Saturday, December 02, 2006

Chilly Ride

All work and no play - we all know the saying...so I've made sure to build some play into my schedule.

Though I had to put in a few hours at the office today (Saturday), I made sure to get out for a ride this morning. Brian joined me on our non-epic 40-minute journey up to Senpuku Gaoka and back down. It was good to feel the crisp winter-like air frosting our cheeks and to see the shimobashiriri (frost) grazing the fields.

Before long I'll be wearing winter gloves on my pre-dawn rides - but the fact that I actually can ride in relative warmth before 6 a.m is pretty awesome!

1 comment:

bernicky said...

You will be here for 10 - 12 days. So bring some running shoes to go for a run :) The temp has dropped a little more here - today was minus 10 most of the day so you should bring something warmish. I am looking forward to seeing you.