Monday, December 18, 2006

Manhattan

My time so far in Montreal has been well-spent - I was able to meet some old Legion buddies, some family and other friends. I also took advantage of my jet lag to work on eradicating a nasty malware called "Error Safe" from my mother's pc, which filled up all those empty hours in the middle of the night.

Most of the folks I wanted to see are right here in Montreal, but one friend I couldn't miss is actually in New Jersey (I think). So - we've decided to meet in New York City to catch up on old times (mostly, our early days in Japan). Cheryl has visited me and my mother in Montreal a few times, so now my mother and I are packing for a few days in New York City, where we'll spend three nights in Manhattan.

We're taking the Amtrak Adirondack route, which is supposed to be a lovely, scenic train ride that passes some of the nicest places on the way to Penn station. Once we arrive, it will be a non-stop few days painting the town red!

No comments: