Tuesday, December 12, 2006

High-Speed Route at the Route Inn

I am working out of town for the next few days and spending tonight at a business hotel.

Outside, the night air is dark and cold; I hear the wind blowing outside my window, and rain pelting against the glass, sounding bereft.

And yet - I am warm and dry and totally connected with high-speed internet access! Woo hoo!

I am staying at a Route Inn, which is a good chain business hotel in Japan. There weren't any Route Inns when I first came here, and I am so glad that they're thriving now. They offer small but new and clean rooms, each of which has a small fridge, a TV, hot-water kettle, and more recently, high-speed internet access. Most Route Inn hotels have a large public bath (a mens' and a womens'), which is a very rare luxury in an affordable business hotel. Of course, there is also a shower in the room for the more modest users. You can visit their homepage here (Japanese only):

http://www.route-inn.co.jp/

I know having high-speed access is normal - but I remember not so very long ago NOT having such convenience. The world really IS my oyster!

1 comment:

bernicky said...

It is great that so many hotels have come on board with offering their guests connectivity. It was one of the things I loved when we were touring down east this summer. So since you have broadband there is no excuse not to blog! :)